The day before the procedure:
- A clear liquid diet is taken. (Clear juices and broths, soda, tea, or coffee without milk,
Jell-O (NOT RED or PURPLE).
- At 3:00 PM take 2 Dulcolax tablets and a bottle of Magnesium Citrate (Citroma)
- At 6:00 PM take another 2 Dulcolax tablets and a bottle of Magnesium Citrate (Citroma)
- At 9:00 PM No Tablets take Only another bottle of Magnesium Citrate (Citroma)
- Nothing is to be taken after midnight prior to the procedure.
The morning of the procedure:
- If need be, medicines may be taken that morning with a sip of water. This does not include Blood thinners, aspirin or arthritis medication.
Note: If you are on any blood thinning or arthritis medication, you must notify the doctor.
A responsible adult should accompany all patients the day of the procedure. No patient should drive the day of the endoscopy.